Tuesday, April 26, 2011

bonnie beams

i see 
who she is -
though you may
mistake
deeming fake
the heartlight
perpetually shown -
 maybe because as her child
i relate
for the cynics
in us
are not left 
overgrown

this little poem is part of an early Mother's Day exercise. written about my beautiful, childlike mom, it relates other things, too - like, how i'll rock the boat of others' perceptions, pointing out who or what they may have misunderstood.  this quality often tops my list of Jesus' best.  (don't get me started on how missed he is.) to his credit alone, i have even learned to jump in more, to let my own vessel be tossed about.

* * *
poem written by c. l. atkinson

1 comment:

L.L. Barkat said...

I really like the end of this and how it creates an unexpected turn. :)

Thanks for sharing!